View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 08:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
MisterEd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

I agree 100% with what you say. The iPhone seems so "cool" I want to give it a fair shot but I will find it very hard to give up the BB email and keyboard. I figured if I waited till the BOLD came out it would KILL the resale value of my unlocked 8310 so I put it up on eBay for $300 w/shipping "buy it now" price and it sold in 4 days so I'm itchin' for something new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG in SB View Post
I'm sorry. Maybe I will get flack for this, but IMHO this is just blatant abuse of a very good return policy. This sort of thing, if it happens enough, would force AT&T to have to come up with a stricter policy that would ultimately hurt everyone, especially those who have a legitimate reason to make a return.

If you have done your product research, and you think an iPhone is for you, then you should go ahead and buy one regardless of when the BlackBerry Bold is supposed to be released. If, after you have had a chance to work with your iPhone for a while, you determine that there are issues with it that you really can't live with, then there is nothing wrong with returning it. That is a perfectly legitimate reason to return it and get something else.

But don't go and get an iPhone, with the premeditated intent of returning it, repurchasing another, and then potentially returning that one for a Bold when it comes out, just so that you have something to "play with" while you wait for the Bold. It seems like an adult should be able to wait 30 days for the "toy" they actually want, without having to have some brand new substitute toy to play with in the meantime.

I am not as "surprised" as Spamdumpster (quoted above) that "people don't do this more often". Most people would think this was wrong, or at a minimum "questionable" behavior. Without question, it would be abusing a great retun policy that AT&T offers in good faith to consumers. It only works in the long term if consumers use it in good faith.
Offline   Reply With Quote