View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
nick119
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular
Post Thanks: 0
Default Getting Third Party IM/WAP Software to work on Non-BES BB's on Cingular...

Please Login to Remove!

You may have tried changing the APN Settings to wap.cingular with the username/password,WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM/CINGULAR1 to get these programs to work. This probably worked for you if you tried it but then you saw your next bill you saw that you got charged per use and the cost was outrageous (well for me at least heh). Ive spent hours on the phone with regular cingular support and they knew nothing, they just told me that it was already included in my plan and i didnt need anything else but shut me off from wap access. So finally I got fed up and called Cingular's blackberry support department and right away i got someone who set me up. What you need to get programs such as Ramble, Verichat, BBWeather, etc. to work on a Non-BES BB is a MediaNET Plan in addition to your Data Plan. They have several diffent MediaNET plans ranging from 5$ to 20$ i believe which you need to subscribe to if you want to use WAP software. I added the MediaNET unlimited plan which gives me unlimited wap access for 19.99$/month which isnt bad. If anyone here is having trouble with their wap software this is probably what you have to do.
The number for Cingular's Blackberry Support dept is: 866-490-2666.
I just want to save all you Cingular customers that are not on a BES from a big headache like the one i had haha.