View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
FourtyEightFan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanRosen View Post
The answer they gave you is not correct. I know because I also used my AT&T Blackberry in Israel-- and it worked great. You can either sign up for the $65 unlimited international data plan (as you describe) or you can sign up for international use without adding any new specific data data plan. The catch is that they charge you, I believe, 2 cents per kilobyte usage. If you're only going to use it for emails, the charges will probably be quite reasonable-- I think mine were a few dollars per day. But if you're also going to do web browsing, then the charges can bite you pretty quickly. In either event, you do have to call AT&T to make sure you're signed up for international roaming--- but as long as you're willing to pay 2 cents per kilobyte, you don't need to commit top a specific plan any more than what you have already.
This is more inline with what T-Mobile charges (I don't know the exact per kilobyte fee). Since your phone is unlocked, I would recommend shopping around for another, in-country SIM - perhaps through Cellcom, Pelephone or Orange.

~J.
Offline   Reply With Quote