| | Move BES to a new server with a new name
Please Login to Remove!
Hi, I've read through some of the other posts here regarding moving BES to a new server with a new name. I'm starting this post so I don't hijack another person thread.
We currently have BES running on one server but we want to move it to a totally different server without having to re-activate all the user's.
Running BES 188.8.131.52 in an Exchange 2003 environment if that matters.
The DB is running on MSDE but the new Server will have SQL 2005 installed on it.
I've read the article about migrating using multiple servers and most of it makes sense to me.
I've also read a recent thread here related to upgrading and moving BES to a new server.
Sorry this is my first post and the forum won't allow me to provide links.
So my steps would be to:
1. Install BES on the new server and use a temp SRP key while pointing to the old database that our current server is running. During the install have the install create an empty DB and once the installation is complete go into the BlackBerry Server Configuration and change the database to point the remote server (aka the old BES).
2. Perform the phased migration where you click on the user and move the user to a new server.
3. Remove BES on the old server but keep the database on the old server active.
4. Replace the temp SRP on the new server with permanent one that exists on the old server.
5. Once all the users have been moved, shutdown the BES services, backup the old DB and then restore the old DB to the new server and then once again change the DB location in the BlackBerry Server Configuration again.
Is this all correct?
So when I do this, I won't have to re-activate the users? And the user's emails will still be on their BlackBerry? Will the users have to reauthenticate?
I've also read that the temp SRP key does not allow the migration process to work and you have to buy the $800 migration kit to do this.
Any help with this would be great appreciated.
Thanks in advance