View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 07:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
phoenix80

Model: 8700c
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T Wireless
Post Thanks: 0
Unhappy 8700c No internet or email, acct restored recently

Please Login to Remove!

Hey y'all! I have an 8700c and my service provider is AT&T. The phone is refurbished and I've owned it since September/October 2007. In February when I quit my job, I fell behind in payments and it was shut off in early June. I just got it turned back on Friday, July 13th, restoring the acct. I can receive and make calls as well as receive and send text msgs just fine. I don't receive email to my BB nor can I connect to the internet with the regular browser. MediaNet with the Cingular browser works fine. When trying to access the other browser, I get the message: "A communication failure has occurred. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your service provider."

I tried calling AT&T wireless customer service last night and she had the service books resent, confirmed that my PIN and IMEI were the same, data plan is on my bill, I have EDGE in the upper righthand corner, etc. They tried sending the service books over and over again, but my phone gave no indication of accepting them. The blue arrows in the upper righthand corner were moving, but there was nothing else after that. I believe my OS is a v.2.1.96 if that makes a difference. My Desktop Manager's version is 4.1.0.8

Please help!!
Offline   Reply With Quote