Software For BlackBerry® 8800 smartphone BlackBerry Handheld Software v184.108.40.206 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 220.127.116.11
- Applications: 18.104.22.168
- Software Platform: 22.214.171.124
- File name: 8800M_PBr4.5.0_rel75_PL126.96.36.199_A188.8.131.52_Orange.e xe
- File size: 73.79MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld
For East Asian Language Support: Click Here.
Instructions for loading on ANY
carrier's 8800 device:
1. Make sure you have the latest version of Desktop Manager installed. https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
2. Download the above file to the PC then install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded.
3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
4. Plug in BB and Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to DM again and run application loader again and it should load the OS to the device.
To find previous versions of the OS for this device, click here. Note: This release does not include the preloaded wallpapers/custom folder icons. It seems RIM has removed these from the OS.