View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
xja

Model: 7730
Post Thanks: 0
Default Need BB Testers for new mobile search site

Please Login to Remove!

hey all,

I've been frustrated by the lack of mobile content and particularly the lack of good, easy to navigate, local search for handhelds (I've owned BBs, Treos, etc). I was tired of waiting, so I built a simple web site that retrieves regular web content more easily on handhelds. The core feature is a local search (businesses, maps, directions, movies, weather, etc), but with a little customization, you can search/retrieve content from just about any site.

Right now, I have only a Treo but a couple of friends of mine have BBs and wanted to be able to use the site so I figured I would design it to work on the BBs as well (including making it work without Javascript). Since I have only had the BB simulator to test it on, I would welcome all BB users to test the site, point out bugs and give feedback and suggestions. Feel free to use it as much as you'd like. I call it "ZYPd" (it was available )... the URL is:

http://www.zypd.com

Thanks, and hope it is useful to the BB community.

andy

ps sorry if this isn't the right forum for this post. I wasn't sure which one was the right one.