View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 04:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
xja

Model: 7730
Post Thanks: 0

phalpern, thanks for checking it out and the kind words as well. Sounds like your enterprise alone will be a pretty good test base (may be a good test of my host's bandwidth capabilities)! Feedback always welcome.

Mess, I just downloaded the latest RIM simulator, which now includes the 7100g, and tried it out. It worked properly on the simulator (I have attached a picture of what it looks like on the simulator so you know what it SHOULD look like), so I wonder if it is an issue with either some of your Options settings, or maybe it is a function of the MDS that you are utilizing. I have tested using the default Browser settings in the simulator (listed below). I have noticed that changing each of these settings has an effect on the appearance of ZYPd but the default settings seem to work best:

Content Mode: WML & HTML (note: HTML is required)
Show Images: On WML & HTML pages (I recommend that you show images)
Show Image Placeholders: No
Emulation Mode: Blackberry
The only option that is checked is "Use Foreground And Background Colors". Checking the "Support HTML Tables" will change the appearance a bit and may be advantageous in some parts of the site or when accessing "custom ZYPs" in the directory.

If it is not fixed by playing with the options, then the issue may lie in the MDS (I am not an expert on that).
Attached Thumbnails
Need BB Testers for new mobile search site-zypd_on_7100g.jpg