View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
thefonedoc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2 Ireland
Post Thanks: 0
Default Bold and some US network questions from an Irishman :)

Please Login to Remove!

With the release of the Bold drawing nearer, I have a few questions for you guys

I am on O2 Ireland and have a BIS subscription with an 8310
The thing is, in Ireland, O2 will allow you purchase a data add-on OR Blackberry add-on for your account. Up until now with GPRS and EDGE enabled Blackberry devices, that hasnt really been an issue.

My concern is regarding the release of the Blackberry Bold. As it's a HSDPA device and O2 have HSDPA (actually HSUPA) in place, I want to get the full benefit from the handset. The thing is, if they maintain their current stance (ie. cannot have data AND Blackberry on one account), am I going to find myself limited?

I have so many questions but dont know where to start

Do the US networks allow blackberry add-on and data add-on?
If for example, I use my Blackberry with an app that does not support the Blackberry apn, I have to pay data charges.

Will the browser run on the Blackberry apn as always and if so, will I be able to use the HSDPA speeds of my network?

At the moment, I think Google Maps runs on the blackberry apn. If it does in the future, and I cannot add HSDPA data to my account, is it, like the browser going to run slower??
Offline   Reply With Quote