Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
I'm considering an iPhone (or Bold). Tell me something: to get email pushed from different POP accounts on the iPhone do you have to have your pc running (tell me no please)? And tell me it just all shows up in messages and that I don't have to look at the different email accounts one at a time. An iPhone will alert you for a scheduled appointment on the screen right? I set my appointments right from the phone, I don't care about it synching from a pc. Can you shut it off at night and get an alarm in the morning? Finally, can you have MSN open/running and get notified when an IM message comes in while you're doing something else? Thanks in advance.........
From my own experience, you do not need to have a PC turned on just to receive messages via your iPhone or a BlackBerry. Now, here are the things that the BlackBerry can do that I don't know if the iPhone can:
- Show all your messages from all your email accounts under "Messages"
- Alert you of a scheduled appointment on the screen
- Set appointments on the device itself without syncing
- Turn off, then turn back on when an alarm goes off
- MSN (Windows Live Messenger) can be in the background and will alert you of a message
As a matter of fact, I don't know if the iPhone even supports MSN / Windows Live Messenger.