View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 04:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
myk.dinis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T - 8120/8310, Sprint - 8830
Post Thanks: 0

AT&T for most stuff seems to me the most reasonable across the board...

Everybody scores high and low in diff areas, but AT&T seems to be slightly better on average, all factors considered...

Sprint has THE worst CSR's in the biz, and their stores eat mung! I walked into one the other day to look at a holster for my 8310 and I had to wait in line for a sales rep to become available, like I was in some sort of upscale boutique... I left after about 4 seconds... No one makes me wait for me to spend my money...
But they have an amazingly priced plan, but not great coverage, etc...
Verizon has amazing coverage, but crappy plans and incredibly Big Brother'esque restrictions... If I buy something I wanna be able to use it the way I see fit...

T-Mobile has some decently priced plans, decent customer service, but they are slow to address issues and always seem to be the last guy in the boat...I tried calling one store in my area to check pricing and the number they had listed with every "411" type service was no longer in service... I spent 20 mns tracking down the actual number... If you want my business you're gonna have to be a little more professional than that...

And Alltell (please)

So, AT&T, plans are a litte more expensive than the others (on average $10 more) but the service is similar, if not on par, to Verizon... The phones are GSM (I can bring them other places, easily), the customer support is second to none, I've had all kinds of wacky issues, little niggling things that I felt should be changed and they've always been more than happy to credit my account...
I've personally been credited some where in the neighborhood or about $700 in the past couple years...They're always available...etc...
And I can modify the phone fairly easily...

I like being able to use my hardware the way I want...

Like I said, I've used everyone except the MVNO's and of them all AT&T is the lesser of 4 evils...

Cheers!

Myk
Offline   Reply With Quote