View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 10:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nateg281

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default Verizon 8330 vs Verizon Treo 700P

Please Login to Remove!

I currently have a Treo 700P running on Verizon. I am really wanting to upgrade into a Blackberry 8330. I'm trying to find out which solution you all think is the most efficient, most cost effective and provides the most pleasant user experience. I'd love to hear from all you previous Treo users out there, too. Just for argument sake, I'll play devil's advocate.

My Treo runs on Verizon's EVDO Rev-0 just like the 8330. It has true threaded SMS unlike the 8330. It will work as good or better using GPS with a BT Puck something like Garmin Mobile vs VZ Nav on the 8330. It's expandable memory wise to 2GB (Poss 4GB). It also has a slew of media programs for music and video available and apps like Agendus and many many great email apps. What I'm really sick of is loading up all sorts of 3rd party apps to make it into the phone it should have been to begin with.

So, here's my question. What is the BB experience like on the Verizon 8330? How well does it play video? music? How is the web browing? How hard is it to let go of Threaded SMS? I guess I'm wondering if trying to upgrade my Treo 700P is like trying to bring an older car up to the standards of a modern one. Please, advice anyone? Keep in mind I'm not a business man but a tech savvy consumer who uses SMS heavily and would like email capability and web on the go. I'd like to get a BB 8330, but am wondering how much I'll miss my Treo. Help!
Offline   Reply With Quote