View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 10:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
StochasticLife

Model: 7520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Nextel
Post Thanks: 0
Unhappy Enterprise Activation mysteriously "breaking"

Please Login to Remove!

This is the first time I've encountered an issue I wasn't able to find a resolution for on the boards, and I'm not discounting the possibility that there already is one out there, I can't seem to find it.

My problem is this:

We recently rolled out device encryption in our environment (about 2 months ago), and ever since then our Enterprise Activations have been "un-finishing". Months after a device has been activated and deployed, the Enterprise Activation tries to finish, again. It always seems to be initializing "auto-text" functions. The device will then finish, again, even though no one has touched the device or manipulated the associated accounts in any way. It was odd, but unimportant, until today. One of my user's phone's completely stopped working when his activation "un-finished". He was unable to receive or send e-mail, or perform look-ups.

I constantly encounter devices that are reporting very recent activations despite the fact that they were actually activated months ago.

As I said, we recently changed our IT policies to enforce device encryption, which is when we started seeing this problem. We're predominantly an AT&T (about 90%) enviroment, and so far, all of the devices have been AT&T's (which, considering the odds, isn't suprising).

We're running BES 4.1 with Microsoft Exchange 2003.

Any suggestions or experience with this problem would be appreciated, as apparently, its beginning to adversely affect the devices in our environment.
Offline   Reply With Quote