View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
sqeng69

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Default challenging question (maybe) for the IT guys

Please Login to Remove!

Here is a good one for you....

I have a work issued Blackberry Curve.

There are two Internet icons on my home screen. One is a globe titled "browser", the other is a globe with what I guess you would call a fire trail going around it titled "MEdia Net".

The other day when I attempted to look up a friend on facebook using "browser", I got the familiar "forbidden 404" (or something like that) which is the typical warning we get at work when trying to look at stuff we shouldn't be on our desktops.

But then, when I tried it using the "MEdia Net" icon, it went through fine. I quickly discovered I can check out anything I want, including the shopping sites and stuff I am banned from at work. Obviously, I don't want to do this if it will create problems for me....

So I guess the question is, does this mean I'm bypassing my company's BES when I use the other browser? If a warning doesn't pop up, did I go around it somehow? One thing to note, this wasn't the case with my old Blackberry 8700. I could look at anything at all with no warning popping up. Now with the Curve, I get the warnings but only by using the one browser. Also, once I clear the warning using the "MEdia Net", I can see the same page on the one titled "browser".

I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer, but I thought I would try to figure this out as I am totally perplexed.

Thanks for any help!
Offline   Reply With Quote