View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 03:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
inkwirer

Model: 7100g
Carrier: cingular
Post Thanks: 0
Default Blackberry and Bluetooth

Please Login to Remove!

I just recenlty acquired a 7100g, i am a Treo 650 convert, i finally discovered i'm more of a "reach-out-and-be-reached" kind of guy than a "be seen with it" type of person.

Upon "pairing" the 7100g with most bluetooth headsets i notice that upon successful pairing the bluetooth devices "activate" and " deactivate" their connections on each press of "any" button on the blackberry device. To give you a more animated description -the bluetooth devices, while listening to their speakers, hiss-on and hiss-off upon pressing any key. When you press a key, a hiss comes on and when you press another the hiss comes off. This happens even when the keys pressed have nothing to do with accessing the device directly or indirectly.

I thought this minor issue would not pose a problem, but if you use the 7100 series blackberry with any Bluetooth Car Hands Free Kit Device that has a radio mute or attenuator (a mechanism in the kit/device that mutes the radio when an incoming call goes through ar an outgoing call is commenced) it makes your radio go on and off intermittently as you press keys on it. The glicth was cute at first but now it is driving me nuts having to listen to my radio go on and off like i was in a Texan stop dance contest. Now i can't touch my blackberry in the car once th bluetooth kit detects it unless i really need to or when i'm in the mood to listen to my radio mute on and off at the touch of the keys.

And upon even closer inspection, blackberries cannot exchange objects via bluetooth when inititated from the unit, like for example sending pictures via bluetooth. This is a very compromising situation because bluetooth's was deviced to make it possible for devices to exchange any electronic data, it is not a glitch but a voluntary limitation set by RIM themselves. Why so?

I have to bring this matter up to RIM. Any advice around here?

By the way i have also bench tested the problem with all bluetooth enabled blackberry devices and it's the same issue time and again.