View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
b_ohare
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 1
Thumbs down Yes - it's due to upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful View Post
On DM, Backup/Restore -> Advanced showed both.

I've found my address book entries duplcated. The "All" has twice the entries as in Address Book.

What's the difference b/w the 2 and why am I getting duplicates? In options, I have turn off allow duplicates.

Thanks!
Yup. I had the same problem after upgrade and it's completely annoying. If you go to Contacts - Options, you'll likely notice 2 entries under Address Books (I have 2 now that both say Desktop; though, at one point, I think one was called Default - if you click on each one, one indicates wireless synch is unavailable and the other one I set to no). What was especially weird was that, when I went to clear both out (i.e., Backup/Restore - Advanced - Clear), it properly showed on DM as having zero records. However, the BB still had a single set of contacts.

Though I haven't been able to figure out how to get rid of the extra Contact database, I was able to mitigate the duplicates by:

1) Doing a wipe
2) Reloading my Outlook data through ONE-WAY synch (i.e., Outlook to BB)
3) Then switching the sync settings to bi-directional

For some reason, I'm no longer getting duplicates. It doesn't seem to make any difference if you have duplicates turned off or on.

- B.
Offline   Reply With Quote