View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 09:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
easelpad
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Post Thanks: 0

Have to agree with you - I'm a loooongtime XM subscriber with 4 accounts / Radio IDs and while I can listen online I'm completely bummed that I can't do it from my BB. And I also agree that the 7.99 fee is a total slap in the face. This should have been a condition of the merger.....

Anyway - anyone know of a browser that will work with frames (that's the complaint I get from the XM service when I use the BB browser) or anyone have a Flash plug-in that works for Opera Mini 4.1 OR..... know of a streaming service that will allow you to connect to XMradio online?? Sure would make my day a bit brighter. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piusg View Post
Hey, I'm a long-time XM subscriber (I've had two receivers for over five years now), and I can listen for free on my PC--and that's in XM Radio's Terms of Service. I think that this new 20-channel-for-$7.99-a-month is total bullcrap and a slap in the face to loyal XM subscribers like myself.

If I tether my BlackBerry to my ThinkPad, I can listen online for free--and routinely do on my train commute to and from work. And I used to stream XM over my Palm Treo for free after I logged in with my XM account.

Why shouldn't I be able to listen to XM directly on my BlackBerry, eliminating my PC, without having to pay some slimy "shakedown fee?" It's the same signal, for Christsakes.
Offline   Reply With Quote