| | Transferring Treo 700w contacts to BB Curve 8310
For what it's worth, here's what I did, to get my Outlook contacts from my Treo 700w to my new BlkBry Curve.
My Treo is a state-owned phone, used for government work. I purchased the BlackBerry for my own use. With 1,100 contacts, I didn't want to transfer them individually. Fyi, I run WIndows XP with Outlook 2003 on a Dell Dimension PC.
Like other posts I've read, the BB Desktop Manager didn't work, at least initially. I had even plugged both my Treo and BB into the PC via 2 USBs. Things finally worked once I had done the following:
1. Downloaded the Treo 700w ActiveSync software for free from Microsoft, to my home PC. This was my "duh" moment - my PC couldn't "read" my Treo until it had the ActiveSync software to do so;
2. Used the USB cable to sync my Treo contacts into my PC's Outlook;
3. Once that was done, I went into the BB desktop manager and clicked Synchronize, then the Configuration tab.
4. I synced my Contacts, of course, to avoid the manual labor, and also selected Calendar. You've got several other choices for syncing here.
5. Bingo - Once I selected "Synchronize Now" I watched as all my contacts were transferred.
All in all, about an hour's time. Not bad, considering the alternative, though this seems like it could have been much easier.[/list]