View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
bellagirl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Post Thanks: 0
Default Is the Blackberry Hackproof?

Please Login to Remove!

I know that a lot of applications are hacked and loaded onto the BB, but I am wondering what the security level is as far as a remote user getting into or accessing anything on my SIM card or device?

I ask this because my ex husband has a history of hacking me, and has hacked my computer from a remote location. How he did this I still don't know, I only know THAT he did it. Now I have my own phone, and my security concerns as far as personal and business emails were one of the primary reasons I went with a blackberry.

My passwords are NOT stored on my computer, in any place other than Norton Identity, and even then, in limited forms. They ARE however stored on my blackberry in the password keeper program, which is password protected, and also obviously stored under Email settings. Because I lived in a state of paranoia with this man for years, I am still nervous. Can he (or lets just say anyone) hack my blackberry and retrieve passwords or other information from a remote device? My handheld is always on my person so there is no way he would ever get access to it as far as holding it in his hands, so that is why I wonder if remote hacking is possible?

I asked Rogers and the answer they gave me was not exactly comforting. They didn't say it WAS possible, only that they have never heard of this happening. But they didn't say it was impossible. Make sense? Thanks in advance!
Offline   Reply With Quote