View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 07:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
johnnyrichter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8530
PIN: <Status<Options
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.chintu View Post
I had the same problem and I solved it.Yes it was very annoying 'coz the carrier charges for the sms messages.

Here is the trick:
press green button>menu key> options>call logging> select "none".

It stopped for me.
Same here.

I have my e-mail and SMS in their respective folders, I then went to call log>menu key>options>call logging>and chose "none". I am no longer informed of missed calls.

The "Messages" folder, when SMS and e-mail are set to be separate, is nothing more than a folder to hold your phone's and carrier's notifications...i.e. BES/BIS reactivation, missed calls, etc. I tried to get as little sent to that folder as possible, since I have no use for it and tend to keep it "hidden" in the apps menu. I'd love for them to do away with that "Messages" folder altogether...since we already have folders for MMS/SMS and e-mail. All the other notifs can get sent to SMS/MMS like on other phones.

You shouldn't be getting charged for your phone's notifications, like a missed call. As for BIS/BES reactivation notifcation, and other carrier notifs sent to the "Messages" folder...you *might* be getting charged for those. I wouldn't know because I have a full unlimited plan, with the exception of my daytime minutes.

Last edited by johnnyrichter : 09-09-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote