View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 09:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Ghillie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0

I have one BB 8300 serviced by T-Mobile with a 202 area code and another with a T-Mobile Deutschland. The 202 service has international roaming, unlimited data, emails worldwide. I do not use the voice other than in emergencies. My bill remains about the same, $138.00 each month and the service is fantastic. But you have to remember:

Roaming is not free. If you grab a piece of a tower that is not T-MD, you will get a charge of about 50 cents for an originated SMS if you are lucky. I have had one charge of about $2.00).

An originated voice call is about a buck a minute with a connection fee that starts at a buck. roaming gets interesting.

If you initiate an email, you start the clock ticking. That is data and you only get 2 MB.

Unlimited browsing isn't. Uncle Europa feels that 2 MB of browsing is all you need with a delux plan per month. that just gets me started. And the ubiquitous roaming fee...

So I started using the T-MD BB. Shazam. Not much difference, but I can make cell-to-cell calls for no additional cost. Mostly. I have gotten a few connection charges for roaming.

Well, I guess it is a cost of doing business...
Offline   Reply With Quote