View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 08:21 AM   #147 (permalink)
othernet
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MOX
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_chew View Post
Did you make sure the other person's PIN was properly accepted on your Bold? Could be as simple as that.

I've been messengering since the first day I got my device without any issues.
Hi All,

Thanks for the many replies, I was away - Singapore F1

Yes, the PIN is correct and that isn't my biggest concern now.

What I found out whilst in Singapore is how bad the connection is for the Bold with similar problems I face using in KL. I have to manually switch between 2G and 3G network (SingTel since it is part of Maxis' Bridge Alliance as the carrier). After switching, emails or messages that were "stuck" downloads into the BlackBerry. As far as I know, 3G is pretty much covered in 99.9% of Singapore, but the Bold will constantly lose its 3G connection. This is in random places and when it does, I will have to manually restart the 3G connection.

What is not making me freak out at the moment is that my friend is using an iPhone and he too faced some problems with his connection (Maxis/SingTel) - but mainly for SMS not sending. I read somewhere on Maxis that they are testing number portability and I am wondering if this has anything to do with it too.

I love the Bold, but I hope RIM will come out with an upgrade soon to solve this rather annoying problem. Never faced it with my old Curve, so I am guessing this is more to do with the Bold. Anyone facing this too?
Offline   Reply With Quote