View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 05:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
eugd

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default lost ability to edit profile manager and ring tones after update

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabo052 View Post
Okay...I found, and downloaded, OS 4.5.0.77 for my Verizon 8830. I also have the newest version of DM (4.5 or 4.6). When I open DM, it doesn't prompt me to upgrade to the new OS, though I can go to Help>About BB DM and the current OS 4.2.2.196 (Verizon) is there, along with the newer 4.5.0.77 OS. I then go to App Loader, but when I browse for the .alx file (?), the newer OS doesn't show up.

I've upgraded to Verizon's latest OS, so I have some experience with this. Any ideas with what I'm doing wrong? I do know that when I look at what I downloaded, it is an .exe file type that says setup launcher. I assume that the issue is because it isn't an .axl file. Every search for the new OS came up with the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Josh

Hello all, I read the posts in this thread for a resolution, for some reason after upgrading from 4.2 to 4.577 I lost the old cod files so I can't copy it over and fix the ring tone issue. also, for some reason I lost the ability to edit my profile manager to edit the ring tone and ringer settings, anyone have any solutions, or have the ring tones in a zip file? any help is greatly appriciated...everything else seems to be working great...Eugene

Last edited by eugd : 10-01-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote