View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
cheschi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default My early review re: sluggishness (fixed) and dropped calls (again!)

Please Login to Remove!

I read where a few people said the OS was sluggish. After setting mine up, I had serious sluggishness too. Then, it occurred to me to do a soft reset (removing battery). The sluggishness disappeared. I was beginning to like the phone.

But, today, I've made and received a few calls. I have a strong wifi signal plus a pretty good EDGE signal from home.

Suddenly, I'm back to the "dropped call" problems that I had with my original Pearl before T-mobile fixed their OS Update.

Not sure what to do. I'll give it a few days. I'm hoping this is a T-mobile-specific issue again. But, my phone will likely be returned, as I'm using it for business and can't afford to deal with the dropped call debacle again. As I'm typing this, I've received one more phone call -- dropped after about 90 seconds. SO FRUSTRATING.

Other than that, the screen is beautiful. The camera is a lot better than my 8100. The bigger keys are a very nice feature. The size is good. A drop thicker than the Pearl, though a shorter length -- does a good job fitting in my jeans pocket.

I'll update periodically. If the Dropped Call issue can get resolved -- and again, it seems like it is the same one as I had with my Pearl, which seems to be a selective T-mobile issue - this could be a nice phone for me.
Offline   Reply With Quote