I don't know if this solution will solve any of your problems, but it solved mine for my Curve 8330.
When I installed Blackberry Desktop and Roxio Media Manager that comes with it, the Windows Installer froze as it was finishing. This leaves the temporary files on your computer and corrupts the install/uninstall files. Every time I'd start my computer, I'd be prompted to restart the computer to "complete Roxio's installation." As soon as it would finish rebooting, it would prompt me to restart again like before. If I said "Restart later" it would close all my programs and restart anyway. My computer was useless because any time I'd start it up, it would restart before I could do anything.
The solution I found was this:
1) Right click on My Computer and select Manage
2) Double click on Services and Applications
3) Double click on Services
4) Double click on Windows Installer at the bottom of the list
5) Under Startup Type, change it from Manual to Disabled
6) Either insert the CD or download the installer for Blackberry Desktop Manager, and run it. You can also go to Add/Remove Programs in your Control Panel and remove Blackberry/Roxio software.
7) Restart your computer, turn Windows Installer back to Manual, and reinstall the program fully.
Keep in mind with step #6 that you'll need to turn Windows Installer back to Manual before uninstalling Roxio/Blackberry, and turn it to Disabled again before it restarts your computer. I don't know if this is the answer you guys are looking for, but hopefully it helps.
Last edited by what_smells : 10-19-2008 at 04:26 PM.