View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
mmcpher
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
PIN: 22CD4D6E
Carrier: ATT/Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default Early Rave

I've had mine since Monday and I'm very, very happy with it. Brighter, sharper display, amazingly better keyboard than any Blackberry I've had before, and I've been surprised by the increase in speed on 3G and/or WiFi. On Tuesday night, I was out in a location that has notoriously poor service, but was able to get news feeds and updates all night and very quickly on the election returns. Many times faster, at least at that location and under those conditions, than it used to be with my Curve and Edge.

And the WiFi works well, too, and IIRC, allows you to both talk and receive and send email at the same time. The general phone reception and bluetooth also work better than with the Curve. I find myself more and more walking around while I talk on my bluetooth headset, which is something I couldn't previously do without heavy static. The GUI is a little daunting, but I expect I'll wrestle that into a form I like soon enough. Battery life seems to fluctuate a lot, though. And I agree that the lack of upscale camera is a bit of a shame.

So far as the size of the thing, yes a little bigger than the Curve but not really much so, once you get used to it. It also has a heaviness to it, which I like, but worry a little that it might cause it to fall or slide off any slanted surface.
Offline   Reply With Quote