Did it come from ATT? If so it should be activated so you can just put your old SIM in, if not yeah call them to activate. Make sure you have the current DM installed and you are using / running it.
- Then do one final sync and backup of the curve
- Then jump on BIS to "change device" [service books should be sent to the new device, but I have had to resend them before to get the internet browser]
- Then in the DM use "device switch wizard"
- Then go into the settings on the Bold and make sure your default calendar / email are what you want them to be
- Then compose a PIN to let your PIN'ing contacts know your new PIN number
- Fiddle with it to get things the way you want them to appear / work: WiFi Setup, Themes, Background, App locations......
- Then do one sync with the new Bold
- Then do one backup
Now have all sorts of fun and once you feel it is where you want it backup again.
YMMV, but this is my ritual....
__________________ Magnum - Themes & More
9000 [Bold] v18.104.22.168 - Current
8300, 8700c, 7100g, 5810 - Laid to rest