View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 08:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
dbltap
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 2

I have over 2000+ songs on my Bold. I see all the album and genre information. Now I don't use Media Manager to put music onto the card. I remove the card and copy the files over then replace the card. All data seems good.

Now this process does update the indexes each time you put the card back into the phone. And the indexes could be your problem here.

One way to test would be to connect your Bold to a computer where you can read the file structure. Delete any thumbs.db in your music folders and any ringtone folders. Eject the memory card... wait 30 seconds or so... then re-insert it. This will force a re-index. Now see if you have album information.

The thumbs.db file is a constant problem for BlackBerry. If I do not remove the memory card and delete these files, my Bold will go into the constant scanning mode after every OS upgrade. If I delete those files and wait to put the memory card back until after the Enterprise Activation, everything works great.

Maybe this is part of the index problem for your album. It's a simple test and could at least let you know one way or another.
Offline   Reply With Quote