View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 09:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
PFloyd

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile
Post Thanks: 0
Question PC hangs at "Applying Computer Settings" after installing Desktop Manager 4.6+

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, everyone.

I have tried this on two separate PCs, using two different versions of the Blackberry Desktop Manager.

On my first laptop (Windows XP Pro SP2), after installing Desktop Manager 4.6 (with the media manager), my PC would hang for 3 minutes at "Applying Computer Settings" when logging in to my machine.

At the time, I did not understand that this was a result of the Desktop Manager.

I got a new laptop this week (XP Pro SP3) and installed version Desktop Manager 4.7 (with the media manager) and that's when I noticed the same behavior and understood what it was coming from. I uninstalled it and the problem went away; logging in to my PC was a quick as it was beforehand and the "Applying Computer Settings" would just flash on my screen briefly. I tried installing 4.7 without the media manager, and I still had the same hanging behavior at Applying Computer Settings.

(FYI, I'm running without the Desktop Manager on my PC for now. My 8320 is on BES, but I use the Desktop Manager for backing up my phone every so often.)

Any ideas? I've looked around and only see references to the BB server software causing this problem. The solutions there didn't help.
Offline   Reply With Quote