View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 02:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
claykin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMobile
Post Thanks: 0

I've got a TMo branded 8220. UMA works with .151 and .174 but it often drops calls when transitioning from UMA to EDGE. EDGE to UMA works perfectly 100% of the time. I have service inside my home and decent service outside (about 85db). Can't figure out why it won't transition. Tried a Dlink DIR-655 with no encryption, WPA and WPA2 (AES) same result with all. I also set the advanced routing settings the way RIM recommends in the support tech article. No difference.

I then tried a Linksys WRT54G. Same issue. All with latest firmware and have spent hours using different settings.

TMo's UMA support won't help further unless I try the TMo Linksys router. I guess I could spring for the $80 and get the new @home vertical router and give it a try but I'm fairly confident it won't give me any different results.

I'm wodnering if a future BB OS will improve the UMA to EDGE handoff or if TMo needs to do some work on their backend?

BTW, I have both Comcast and at&t DSL in my home. Tried the wifi router with both and got the exact same result.

Aside from the UMA to EDGE handoff, UMA works OK.

Last edited by claykin : 11-20-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote