View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 03:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
kwarnold

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Default Media Manager - Bold not visible, can't xfer files and playlists

Please Login to Remove!

I did a search here but could not find any ideas or solutions. I have a 4GB memory card in my Bold. I went into Memory and did a Format on it.

When I plug in my Bold, the Desktop Manager (ver 4.7) shows the Bold connected and syncs fine. When I select the MEDIA option off of the main DM screen it shows my device's "Device Connected" pin just fine. When I get to the submenu under Media and I have the two options "Media Manager" and "Media Sync". If I select either one of these, my Device Pin disappears and the program acts like I no longer have my Bold attached to my PC. What is strange is that at the top of the small Media Sync screen that pops up you see the Pin for my Bold. But below that you get this message that says "Please connect a BlackBerry device." I have it attached, but it disappears as soon as I get into the application.

Likewise, I thought I would manually add music via the Mass Storage option. I say "Yes" when I plug in the cable. In My Computer I see my other drives but not the media card. I should be able to see it at this point and manually copy in my music, correct?

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried to give enough detail here, so please let me know if you would like any further details. THANKS!