Thread: bluetooth sync
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 08:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
HDClown
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

You need to remove the .INF file that was installed with BT drivers for your card. Extract the Dell drivers and look for .INF files, try to find a matching one in \windows\inf. If you do, move it out of that folder. When windows detects the card again, it won't have the INF that came with the Dell drivers to tell the system to find the Dell BT drivers. Instead, it should use the XP drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acm
Thanks Jeff -

I completely uninstalled the BT software that came with my computer using Add/Remove Programs and then removed BT device from my device mngr in control panel. When I restarted, same as before the wizard wanted to add the found BT hardware. However I don't know how to install the MS driver. I had the wizard browse my windows 32 folder but all it finally did was find the Widcomm driver in the Programs files/Dell etc.

I used you link and went to your site and my BT adapter is on the list. I followed the instructions on RIM's site but them seem to gloss over the part when I am lost.

I guess all I need at this point is to know where to tell the Add hardware wizard to look for the right MS BT driver.

Can you help again!!

Thanks - Alex