View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 04:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
wild satchmo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartV View Post
In other words, I can't find anything about the Storm that the Omnia doesn't seem to equal or better. What am I missing?
In my opinion I see the windows mobile OS as a negative. It just looks old, and does not feel as nice as a polished 'built for touchscreen' OS like android or the iphone OS. Yes compatibility with mobile apps is more developed in WINMO than BB OS 4.7 , but that is just because the new BB os is so new to the market.

I do admit that the new BB OS needs a little work before it is considered 'polished' but so far it is shaping up to be better than windows mobile IMHO.

Omnia + Android would kick so much @ss.

Also the server / admin side is so well done with Blackberry Enterprise Server. I am an IT Administrator and have worked with both extensively. I find there to be a lot more flexibility for true enterprise solutions without as much of a headache. Obviously this is not a factor for every user.

Aside from that, the Omnia is a brilliant device and is going to make winmo look pretty good. Samsung has been doing their thing lately.
Offline   Reply With Quote