View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 12:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
mweiss1979

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Post Thanks: 0
Default Pictures garbled after transfer/move

Please Login to Remove!

I'm using ver 4.2.2.170 of the OS and BBDM 4.6 with Roxio for BB (No version info available in the software...)

Anyways, I took quite a few pictures on the phone during a business trip. All photo's looked perfectly fine when viewing them in the "My Pictures" folder in the media area of the phone.

Plug the phone into laptop, fire up BBDM, and then Roxio for BB. Move to "Device Memory" as the source, and a folder on my desktop as the "Destination." I select all and click "Move Up."

Start reading through some email and after 5-10 minutes check to see if the transfer is done. All pictures moved up to the laptop from the phone, and all pictures are GREY! When trying to open the pictures I get an error that reads "Loading of one or more Plug-in files has failed. The plug in files might be either corrupt or not valid." No more pictures on the phone.

So i try and "Copy down" all the pictures. Once that is done, I can view the pictures on the phone... sorta. All my pictures now have static garbled lines through them. I try and copy them back to the laptop just for kicks and they're all grey still.

Now I can understand if I had updated the phone, or my laptop, or bumped something, or pulled out the cable, or SOMETHING!! But I'm an IT guy and was very careful in making sure to transfer these files in a way that has worked for me previously. I moved some pictures of the phone the other day in he exact same way and had no issues.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to recover these pictures in their original quality? Or do BlackBerry's just randomly ruin pictures? If so this phone is a hockey puck and I'll go back to Smart Phones.
Offline   Reply With Quote