View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 06:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
redstar65

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default Omnia vs. Storm

Hey!
I've had the opportunity to check out both of the phones. My friend has the BB storm and is very happy with it. I have the 8830 and couldn't be happier, even though it doesn't have a damn camera. I love the whole BB system, but the Omnia looks hot! It's a sexy, slender, little phone. Some of the Verizon stores have them, but you have to ask to see them because they don't have the demos out.
The only draw backs that I've have come up with, since playing with the Omnia, were: smaller screen, no place for a needed stylus, and a lack of in coming emails (like the BBs have). I love getting my emails as soon as they come in. Some of the problems with the storm: they are already having to update the system (I was watching the VZW worker upgrade one while I was in the store), slow on adapting the picture when you turn the phone, and the whole screen is a button.
It's a tough call. And I have yet to decide between the two. I think I'm going to get myself the Storm and get my boyfriend the Omnia, so that I can decide which one I like the best. Remember Verizon users, you have 30 days to make up your mind if you like it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bberry360 View Post
hi!

I just browsed the net and found a great match for BlackBerry - Samsung's Iphone Killer - Omnia i900. It boasts a 3.2 inch touchscreen design with a sleek black gloss 12.5mm thick finish. It also has Windows for its OS with the Opera Mobile 9.5 web browser. It also has (get this noted) 5MP camera, WIFI ready, a built in radio and up to 16GB internal memory.
Now compared to the iPhone 3G and a single 2MP camera at the back, the Omnia has also a camera above the screen for video calling and taking pictures.

In comparison to the release of the BlackBerry Storm, which is touted to be another iPhone killer with its touchscreen navigation technology, 3.2 MP camera, 1GB internal memory, a Roxio Media Manager and 3G capabilities; I guess the Omnia is a pretty a tough competitor in the Mobile/PDA market.

So what's your take on this battle of the iPhone killers?
Offline   Reply With Quote