View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 02:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Crunch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 90009700
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Unhappy Predictive text input problem...app??? :(

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all,

First time poster. ;) I recently got my Bold 9000 from AT&T, and I LOVE the device. I've had numerous Treo's, a BlackBerry Curve, along with a few other PDA's before getting this superb "can-do-it-all" smartphone.

I am only missing ONE functionality from the Palm OS, and from Windows Mobile, and that is the predictive text input, which I relied on heavily. What's ironic about it is the fact that both the Pearl as well as the Storm have it.

I know the argument is that it's a QWERTY device, so it's not needed, etc., but there are a lot of other QWERTY phones, including even the BlackBerry Storm, which has a full keyboard when turned on its side that do have this feature.

Can ANYONE PLEASE help me with this?? I want to say that I saw an application for it, but I can't find it anymore. I may have been wrong, though. If someone knows of an application that helps me with this, I'll but it immediately!!

One more thing. Just today, I was installing some apps, and a curious screen appeared where it said "BlackBerry Fast Predictive Input Method Library" was going to be removed, along with three languages, which I hadn't remembered leaving on the device. Please view the pic to see what I mean.

So...is there hope that I might be able to get this to work after all!??! Texting, emailing, etc. is just SO MUCH faster when you don't have to type every single word out every single time. I also don't understand why it was being removed. : :

Thanks a lot everyone!

Crunch