View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
CIXELSID MBB
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default So I Dropped the Storm in a Glass of Water!!!

Please Login to Remove!

Ok I dropped the Storm 9530 in a glass of water, it had the phone condom on it , which may have helped but we will soon find out. The phone was in the cup for maybe 3 seconds but it was 90% submerged. I have been around phones and electronics enough to know that you need to immidiately take out the battery, which i did do. But I made one possibly fatal mistake when taking off the battery i hit the stupid voice recognition key causing the phone to attempt to operate when wet. I dropped the battery out of it with 10 seconds of the entire thing happening. took out the sim and memory card and whipped off the phones and shook it a little to get the remaining large amounts of water. Within 30 minutes of this I proceeeded to blow dry the phone, as I did so I notice the back camera lens would fog up but not the screen itself. Regardless I set the phone about 12 inces away from a hairdryer for about an hour with the hair dryer blowing on to the back of the phone while it was lying on its side. (At this point its important to note, the Wet indicator on the battery never went off or became red, but it did on the phone.) When I took off the battery the back of the phone wasn't all that wet I think because of the phone condom. it was drops here and there. I have now put the phone in a bowl of rice with paper towl around it as to not scratch the screen. It has now been 18 hours the phone is still sitting in the rice. I know the screen is not sealed well or hardley at al because it is setup to feel like buttons. My question it how well it is sealed ? How long should i give the phone before trying to turn it back on? DO you think i killed it by accidentally pressing the "voice activation button" when taking the battery out?

Any opinions or advice is welcome, I am back to using my 8320 and its just not as fun!!!! I pray she makes it through this critical time.

Last edited by CIXELSID MBB : 12-29-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote