I didn't try the exhaustive registry clean-out method, but nothing else worked. I have Vista Business and BB 8310. I also have Roxio MyDVD software installed which also uses Roxio Media Manager, just to make it even more fun.
What worked for me was:
- Unzip the combined installer file to a folder as described earlier in this thread.
- Let the Desktop Manager install. I was installing version 4.7.
- Click Cancel when Roxio Media Manager.msi cannot be found.
- Now after canceling the failed Roxio install, open the SR_MM folder and right click SETUP.EXE.
- Choose Run as Administrator (note: I also disabled antivirus, Windows Firewall, and User Account Control, but I'm not sure if that's necessary really.)
This made it install fine for me.
Good luck to all.