View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 01:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: 9xx0
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 60

The biggest issue I see is that your thread title says these directions are for upgrading the 8830 model to OS 4.5.0.77, while your directions state the upgrade process is for the 8330.

Since you posted this thread in the 83xx section, I'll assume you intended this as a 8330 upgrade. If so, let me know and I'll be glad to correct the thread title.

Likewise, we have very clear upgrade instructions to the latest 8330 OS (4.5.0 89, newer than .77) listed here:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html

We've collectively learned that using the loader.exe directions have been much easier and impose less issues to user (since the DM upgrade prompt is avoided).

Nevertheless, your instructional here is quite detailed and nice compilation of information.

As far as if others have been successful using this process? Since it is pretty much identical to the Desktop Manager upgrade process we've had Stickied for several years, I am certain many users have been successful using this process. It's just that the upgrade process is not quite so complicated.

Offline   Reply With Quote