View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 12:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
victorbrca
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: 206B7448
Carrier: Robbers
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjoben View Post
I got an 8820 from AT&T last week with no data plan. I've been using Minimoni to track whatever data usage there may be so that I don't inadvertently rack up huge data charges. My phone originally came with version 4.2 of the BB device software. This weekend I upgraded to version 4.5 and I noticed an apparent difference in the amount of data usage being logged. Before the upgrade I could use the wifi connection as much as I wanted and Minimoni continued to show that no data was being used. However, now there's a steady "pulse" of data (about 2 bytes every minute) and varying amounts of data are used any time I use the browser or JiveTalk. Has anyone else seen this? I know the minimoni website says that the software is for version 4.2, but could there be any compatibility issue with version 4.5 that would cause something like this?
Not sure what the details are, but the present version does not support 4.5.

I was able to get a reply from the creator of Minimoni and he informed me that there's no forecast of when a new version with 4.5 support would be available.

Would be nice to have a few coders trying to jump in and help out with this. I would if I was one.

I'm going back to 4.2 for now. Can't complaint as it's a free software.

Vic.
Offline   Reply With Quote