View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 09:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Goldlexus

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default The infamous "usb current is not sufficient..." message

Please Login to Remove!

I have researched this issue and tried all solutions and I still get the message 'usb current is not sufficient verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed."
My BB is connected to my laptop usb port (I tried all four) laptop is plugged into electric outlet. I have installed and reinstalled the DM 4.7 3 times. The BB shows in the Device manager as Blackberry SD under 'Portable Devices' and says it is working properly. The BB Desktop manager does not see the device at all.
I am running Vista Home premium 64 bit version. The laptop is brand new the blackberry brand new. Oh AND I made sure the power management for the usb's "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is deselected.
I even tried installing just the USB and Modem driver off of the Blackberry site which ended up totally wipping out the Desktop Manager and still didn't work.
So now what? I am getting really frustrated. This has taken hours to try to fix. Any ideas?
Offline   Reply With Quote