View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 05:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
indothai

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telkomsel (Indonesia)
Post Thanks: 0
Unhappy Bold Battery Gets Hot (Help, Please)

Please Login to Remove!

Greetings,

I live in Indonesia and I had two unlock Bold 9000. The first one was TIM Italy and the second was Telstra Australia. The first one restarts all the time and the battery gets warm and tend to get hotter. After I resold the first, I got the second with all perfect condition except the battery problem: gets hotter when I browse or chat.

I tried to upgrade many many times but the hot thing was still there. It's as if the phone was overworking. Many people suggested I tried other provider and I did so: I had Indosat provider and also Telkomsel provider but the result was also the same. I tried to exchange battery with some friends and nothing changes.

Sometimes even the LCD gets warm for no reason...

I read so many thread about blackberry and I conclude that battery getting hot was not a major issue compared to restart problems. Then I wonder, how can a battery hotness issue, that is very rare to happen, happens to the same person only in about 15 days time with two different Bold from two different ex-provider from two different store?

Is it because I used it only for chatting and retrieving email and Facebook and not use it as handphone also? Or is it because I put too many contacts from my laptop (786 contacts)? Or it was caused by other third party program like Facebook, Flickr? Or (just guessing) some one put an eye on me by using my email and link to gps just to know my whereabouts without my knowledge?

I had asked so many friends who used Bold or other Blackberry and they all said they never had a case, or other friend's case, like mine. For them it was also a brand new issue and they all wondered how can a very rare case happens to the same person.

Please help. Thankyou
Offline   Reply With Quote