View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mroa

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ENITEL
Post Thanks: 0
Unhappy Unlock PIN code to conect my BBwith another local carrier and to get another pin code

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldonadov View Post
Hi guys,

I have recently got a BB Pearl 8120 sold by an specific carrier so my first step was unlock it in order to use with my current carrier (who not sells this model). Now, I'd like to upgrade firmware to 4.5 so my questions are:

- Can i use a firmware version provided for a carrier different than mine (mine does not sell this model)?? I yes:

- Do I have to unlock again the device once i've upgraded the firmware

I am trying to create a BIS account but when I join the PIN and IMEI, rim site tells me that the device and the selected carrier do not match. How can I solve this? is there a way to "unlock device in RIM site"?

Thanks for your help
I have a BB 8310 curve with a PIN code still tied to a carrier in the USA. So I can not conect it in my country (Nicaragua) with my local carrier because they say I need to unlock my current PIN code from the USA carrier to get a newone with my local carrier in my country and so I would be able to use a new PIN code account with my BB to use data (mails) information between my BB and a BIS. How do I do to solve this problem?
Offline   Reply With Quote