View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
jhakki

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Blackberry Bold - AT&T USA - 4.6.0.167 (platform 4.0.0.157) - Purchased Jan 08

I faced exactly the same issue faced by 'indothai'. When I got the phone and put on charge first time it went too hot (it was charging for past 2 hrs). I took the charger off and after a while it blinked green light saying "Low Battery" .. I pulled battery, allowed it to cool and then I could charge it again.. But after it reached 80% it became warmer and it was not charging further. took off charger and put back in but still the same. Interestingly there was no bolt (charging symbol) even if my battery was only 80% charged. After that I charged battery many a times but it didn't charge beyond 95% and mostly it used to become HOT. Then I once let the battery drain completely and next time I could charge to 100%. But Heat issue was still not resolved. Another observation I had that if phone stops charging then take off the charger and let phone cool down. After cooling down tries to charge it and it started charging. So I concluded that if battery/phone becomes HOT then charging would stop and will not resume unless phone/battery is cooled down.
I called the seller and they told to return the phone. I got my new phone yesterday and so far it is going fine. But I could see that it did become warmer (more than normal) twice since yesterday evening.
So far new one is better than earlier one.. but I don't know how long it will remain good..
Offline   Reply With Quote