View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 09:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

test, i think the comment you made and the reply received back was the product of your blindly pointing uneducated fingers at someone with a fairly high stakes claim that had no basis in the world on anything tangible aside from your own suspicions. i'm sure if you simply asked BG how he had access to the handhelds and phones, he would tell you. he's a very smart guy within this community (and all things cellular), but he's not involved within that industry directly. i think he's a commodity to the team, and i appreciate having him around - not only as a moderator, but as a valued member of this community. just talking with him a few times has really blown my mind about his profession as well as the lifestyle he leads ...very luxurious.

he wouldn't take a second to even login to eBay much less sell one of his handhelds that would otherwise be going to a client that would most likely pay a lot more than the top bid from someone who won't even chum up the money in a legit auction. and as he said, he has a business relationship with RIM that would be somewhat strained if a) the claim had any merit (it doesn't) or b) people like yourself continue down your paths in life where you make such claims in the first place. i would think an apology was in order somewhere down the line - maybe you realize, even if jokingly stating such a claim, that you were in the wrong.