View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 08:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rooster99
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Post Thanks: 0

Month View is way too clunky to navigate, or to add an Appointment in.

Just went to the dentist and they wanted to know my availability for an appointment next month. From Task View clicked Berry > Month View and got the current month. Instead of being able to scroll to next month to see if a specific date had appointments, then click on that date to see the detail of what they were, I had to click Berry > Go To Date > Choose Date, click on the date displayed, select the date by swiping the date components (a painful task in itself - although I believe this is a BB issue), then click OK > Berry > OK. Again, 7 clicks plus swiping, just to see what Appointments were already booked on a given day.

Updating a Task with new due date, etc. is way too clunky and approach is inconsistent. From Task View, have to click on the Task, then if changing Category or Contact, click Berry - Select Contact or Berry - Select Category and do that, then click Berry - Save, Berry - Save (or OK - I forget which). To chenge the due date you have to click on the Task, then the date displayed, then swipe to change the date, then OK, then Berry > OK.

You should be able to just click on the part of the Task that you wish to change, if it's displayed, then change it, then click Save Changes or equivalent. Oh, and after you've made a change you are returned to the top of the Task View and have to scroll back down to the Task you want to work on next. Very annoying if you're rescheduling uncompleted Tasks at the end of the day.

Sorry, but way too complex for every day use. Having said that, from what I've read all 3rd party Task/PIM apps are having serious problems right now.

- R.
Offline   Reply With Quote