View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
StuartV
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

I have played with this more now. I found that I can set my HI (homescreen image) to another picture that is also landscape oriented (that was taken with my Storm) and it works fine. But setting it back to my original (which was NOT taken with a Storm) still gives me a black screen.

BUT, in the process, I found something else that is really cool. I can pick any picture, and zoom in as much as I want and pan around. When I then choose Set as HI, it sets it, AT THE ZOOM LEVEL AND PAN LOCATION I currently have chosen. I have a picture I took of a hawk with my Storm. It's portrait oriented and the hawk is pretty small in the picture. But I zoomed in until the hawk almost fills the screen and panned until the hawk is centered. Then I did Menu/Set as HI and when I go back to the homescreen, the hawk is big and centered. Sweet!

After discovering that, I went back to my original HI and found that if I zoom in one level, I can set it as my HI and it works. But, if I go back and zoom back to full sized and try to set it again as my HI, it goes back to all black. Back to zoomed one level and it works. Back to full sized again and black screen. This really kind of sucks because zoomed it overlaps with the icons at the bottom and the status bar at the top. Displayed not-zoomed, the picture border just comes to the edge of the icons and the status bar. Oh, well. Overall, the way HI works now is pretty cool!
Verizon 9550
Offline   Reply With Quote