I accidentally put my Pearl into the washing machine. (Luckily the battery fell out from the tumbling - it was a front loader)
Here's what I did. Took apart the phone and got the main IC board out. I put that under a hair dryer on low about a foot away for about an hour. The LCD screen had some water in it too, so i dried that a bit too.. There was still some left when I assembled it, but it went away after a couple of days.
After reassembling, everything powered on, but with the water in the LCD, I left it off a couple more days.
It was very clean after the little incident..