View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 07:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
dpenley

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Post Thanks: 0
Default Trouble adding device software configuration

Please Login to Remove!

What I'm trying to do is push out OCS client 2007 to my users, but I can't get the software to show up in the device software configuration. Here's what I've done.

1. Downloaded OCS client and extracted into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Applications\OCS_Client, and created \\servername\Research In Motion share with read access for Everyone.

2. Created new device software configuration called OCS, with device software location of \\servername\Research In Motion

3. Indexed/Reindexed using loader.exe in \\servername\Research In Motion\AppLoader folder. PkgDBCache.xml and specification.pkg are created/updated in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Applications\OCS_Client folder.

4. Added new Application Control Policy with default settings.

Under Application Name in the Device Software Configuration properties page, I see en entry for Application Software, but there's no version number or delivery method and the Details button is grayed out.

What am I doing wrong? I've tried restarting all the BB services after this whole process but still nothing. Please Help!!!

Last edited by dpenley : 02-12-2009 at 07:40 AM. Reason: typo
Offline   Reply With Quote