View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
velocity92c
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T Mobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default How I got 2 Javelins for 179 (with nothing out of pocket) and how can you too (T-Mo)

Please Login to Remove!

(This only works for T-Mobile users)

Here's how it went.

When I discovered the Javelin yesterday (I had considered upgrading to the bold but I love my Curve keyboard, so once I discovered the Javelin it became a must have) I called T-Mobild immediately. I had upgraded 3 months ago and wasn't eligible for even a partial upgrade for 9 more months. It was going to cost 450 per phone, which I didn't mind at first but the bad news was they needed 350 up front, and could split the final 100 up over 3 months. I called back and got several variations of basically the same deal.

Finally I called and told them I wanted to cancel. My reasoning was that I knew they were giving this phone to other customers for much cheaper, not to mention AT&T had offered me a Bold for 200 over 3 months, and a cheaper monthly rate (This was actually true). I was transferred to the "Customer Loyalty" department, where the girl there offered me a supreme deal. 179.99 with nothing due now, split up into 4 installments starting in March. She raised my credit limit, lowered my monthly bill a tad and priority shipped both phones. They should arrive tomorrow as I live in KY.

I have to admit, T-Mobile has really taken care of us. If you're not getting an answer you like regarding the 8900, threaten to cancel your service. I wish you didn't have to threaten to cancel to get the best deals but T-Mobile will take care of you before they lose you as a customer, and I understand they'd be losing money if every CSR could give deals like this. Anyway, if you're not getting an answer you like from a regular CSR, ask to cancel services and go to Customer Loyalty. They will take care of you.

Edit : yes, I did have to renew my contract for 2 years.

Last edited by velocity92c : 02-13-2009 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Additional info
Offline   Reply With Quote